Vincent Hills Brings Improvements for Schools, Seniors, Youth and Fire Department
In every town in which it operates, White Rock Quarries is a part of the fabric of the community, providing not just jobs but other valuable contributions as well.
White Rock has already made donations totaling $45,000 to Vincent Elementary and Vincent Middle/High School, as reported by The Shelby County Reporter and others. Throughout the course of the project, White Rock Quarries has pledged to make additional contributions of $1.65 million for schools, new fire and rescue equipment, a new youth recreation center, needed street paving and a senior citizens center.
White Rock asked local school and Town officials about their greatest needs to best determine how the company could help. Once the quarry is operating and producing revenue, White Rock will donate:
- $275,000 to VMHS for a girl’s varsity softball field, an athletic field house for Middle and High School teams and remodeling and equipping of the Science Lab.
- $75,000 to Vincent Elementary School for construction of a playground, bleachers, a permanent outdoor restroom facility and remodeling of classroom cabinetry.
- $450,000 for a new pumper truck and an emergency transport unit for use by the Fire Department.
- $200,000 to construct a new Youth Recreation Center.
- $150,000 to build a new Senior Citizens Facility.
- $500,000 for needed street paving and repaving.
Some may say that these donations are merely meant to buy favor with local officials and citizens, but such a cynical view ignores the fact that White Rock Quarries is a good and generous corporate citizen wherever it does business. Moreover, White Rock Quarries knows that the Vincent Zoning Board and Town Council will make their rezoning decisions solely on the merits of the Vincent Hills Quarry.
At White Rock Quarries, we understand that it is not enough that we will bring over 120 well-paying jobs. Or that we will pay over $10 million in new tax revenues over the first decade alone. Or even that Vincent will receive about $3.4 million in the first year to eighteen months of quarry operations.
Because you wouldn’t want to give up all the things you love about Vincent at any price. And we don’t blame you.
The good news is you don’t have to.
Read the articles on this site to see the many steps we will take to safeguard your quality of life.